Musings ...

from a Twisted mind.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

what the HECK it is

"lunch"

Earlier today I posted this image on Facebook.  Lunch.  A number of folks contacted me asking, "What the heck is it?"  This is what the "heck" it is ...


Staying focused on what seems to important to me at the moment, I created a dish ... with the exception of the sea salt ... each item is grown locally and organic.  Everything was purchased Sunday at the local farmers market.  yikes ... What am I going to do when it ends?  


ingredients:
white truffle oil - OMG is all I can say
yellow oyster mushrooms - so incredibly delicate
white shallots
scallion tops
tarragon - from my balcony herb garden
parsley - from my balcony herb garden - plant purchased @ farmers market
hydroponic lettuce
heirloom baby tomatoes
sea salt


Literally, three minutes from start to finish and it was gonzo!


For my next project ... does anyone know of a local & organic banking institution?     :)

No comments:

Post a Comment